The IJR seeks to employ a Part time: Employee Wellness consultant to be based in Cape Town.
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was founded in 2000 in the wake of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and with the purpose of building of fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa. We are an independent organisation located at the interface between civil society and academia. We employ a diverse team of professionals based at our office in Cape Town. For more information on the IJR, please visit www.ijr.org.za.
- Identify together with Heads of Department health and wellness issues that impact negatively on work performance and identifies / implements applicable interventions
- Providing counselling and Pyscho- social support on health and wellness related issues. To conduct debriefing sessions with staff returning from interventions.
- Conduct presentations on wellness programs including topics such as stress management or the importance of healthy habits.
- Manage, designs and implements policies and procedures relating to the institute’s wellness programs and activities designed to improve employee health and wellbeing
- Train and orientate new staff members on the employee wellness program
- Conduct training sessions on the Wellness program.
- Monitor and asses health and safety strategies in accordance with legislation and IJR’s policies and procedures
- Assisting in the identification of emerging Occupational Health and Safety risks in the workplace
- Foster and develop an Occupational Health and Safety Culture across the organization
- Ensure that IJR meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Operations Manager on relevant health and safety activities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation regarding Workman’s Compensation
- 4 years’ experience in Employee Wellness/ Health and Safety
- Degree in Industrial Psychology or Psychology
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in designing, implementing and administration of Employee Wellness programs
- Experience in debriefing
- Experience & knowledge in facilitating group debriefing sessions
- Experience in supporting management and educating workforce in HR related matters
- Knowledge of Employee Wellness Practices
- Knowledge of relevant Labour Legislation and the occupational Health and Safety Act
- Previous experience in Workman’s Compensation
- Own car
- SA Citizen
IJR, in return, offers a competitive all-inclusive salary package and a dynamic working environment, which prioritises the professional development and wellbeing of its employees.
Submit a letter of motivation, CV with one contactable references, and salary expectations to Elisha Kotze (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Shortlisted candidates will participate in an initial interview and final candidates will be asked to complete a practical assessment.
If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful. We encourage applications from historically disadvantaged individuals.
Closing Date: 09 February 2020.