The Administrator provides effective and efficient administrative support to heads of departments and project leaders of assigned projects.
Key Performance Areas
- Document project planning.
- File project-related documentation.
- Inform team-members of administrative requirements (e.g. bookkeeping).
- Assist with project M&E documentation.
- Keep track of and document project expenditure.
- Process payments on time.
- Stay informed of project developments and outcomes.
Travel and Logistics
- Pro-actively handle travel arrangements for project teams, other IJR staff and external delegations.
- Pro-actively handle any interventions logistics (costing, invitations, RSVPs, reservations, hiring).
- Update database of participants at the variety of interventions.
- Negotiate rates with service providers.
- Effectively communicate with participants and IJR partners.
General Administrative Assistance
- Assist at IJR staff functions and events, as required.
- Take over relief reception duties, as required.
- Know and use IJR platforms and tools (e.g. O-drive, Sharepoint, Groove)
Skills & competencies:
- Matric or recognised equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ experience providing administrative support.
- User-knowledge of office software packages.
- Secretarial skill and experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use initiative and judgement.
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
Closing date is Friday the 07th December 2018.
Should you meet the requirement, kindly forward your application to Felicia Thomas: FThomas@ijr.org.za