The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation invites the public and experts from the student community, academia and the field of economic transformation to a Roundtable discussion on Race and Racism in the Higher Education Sector.
The event will attempt to:
(1) zoom in on the national discourse around tertiary education;
(2) unpack the complex nature of race and racism in this sector as well as its various intersections;
(3) engage with key drivers of change in this sector and attempts to address systemic and racialized economic inequality and
(4) assess the relationship between the Higher Education department and the knowledge community at large;
(5) assess the implications of free education on the broader economic transformation agenda and the transformation mandate in the higher education sector.
Venue: IJR Offices, 105 Hatfield Street, gardens, Cape Town
Date: 9 October 2018
Time: 17h00 – 19h00
To RSVP, contact Pamella Vutula PVutula@ijr.org.za