Vacancy: Fundraising Assistant
Closing date: 18 November 2019
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was founded in 2000 in the wake of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and with the purpose of building of fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa. We are an independent organisation located at the interface between civil society and academia. We employ a diverse team of professionals based at our office in Cape Town. For more information on the IJR, please visit www.ijr.org.za
The IJR Fundraising and Business Development unit is rolling out a new fundraising strategy in 2020 aiming to innovate and consolidate its fundraising efforts. The Fundraising Assistant will work as part of a dynamic team and across the organisation with all staff.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual who has some experience in the fundraising sector, but who would like to grow their talent.
The assistant will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Prospect Research concerning funding opportunities, such as (but not limited to): fundraising trends, online giving campaigns; corporate social investment (CSI) and philanthropic individuals or organisations
- Assist in maintaining a database of fundraising opportunities
- Assist in writing concept notes, campaigns and project proposals
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify investor opportunities matching the work
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual investors/donors and raise funds for the activities of the IJR
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization
- Contribute to IJR’s media profile
- Administration of electronic databases, archive and knowledge management systems
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks
- A degree/diploma in any business-related subjects such as economics, sales and marketing from an accredited tertiary institution
- Experience in research and report writing
- Experience in working with target and deadlines
- Project management skills
- Computer Literacy skills (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience working in an office environment and assisting with administrative work
- Experience with Salesforce (added advantage, but not essential)
- Previous experience with fundraising or fundraising events (added advantage, but not essential)
- A creative, pro-active and energetic attitude
Documents required for application:
Please submit your CV with a minimum of 2 references and a brief motivational letter by 18 November 2019.
Only applications with the required documentations will be accepted.
Start Date: 01 December 2019
Contact: Juzaida Swain