Head of Fundraising and Communications
Job title: Head of Fundraising and Communications
Objective: As point person for all strategic and fundraising matters, the Head of Fundraising and Communications owns, develops, optimises and drives all fundraising and communications processes of the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR).
Closing date: 09 November 2018
- Develop and communicate department’s annual targets and work plan.
- Manage efficient implementation of department’s work plan, including leading team through unexpected circumstances.
- Support professional development of departmental staff.
- Represent department within the IJR and externally.
- Actively mentor and coach staff
- Develop, revise and communicate the IJR’s multi-year fundraising plan.
- Ensure alignment of annual fundraising plan with multi-year fundraising plan.
- Ensure alignment of annual fundraising plan with annual project plan.
- Ensure that the Executive Director is aware on fundraising targets and shortfalls
- Assist Executive Director in building and maintaining donor relationships (new and existing).
- Oversee all fundraising activities allocated to strategy and fundraising department
- Supervises and coordinates all donor reporting and donor relationships
- Actively drive fundraising processes aligned to general IJR strategy
- Develop an annual fundraising strategy and work plan for your programme including deliverables and deadlines
- Hands on management and responsibility for all aspects of the projects
- Actively facilitate opportunities for cross-programme collaboration
- Develop proposals and produce reports for the funders
- Interpret and analyse programmes, providing relevant high-quality feedback and input to appropriate stakeholders and policy makers.
Produce reports based on progress of projects.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the overall IJR strategy.
- Accountable for business development research to investigate potential income generation and establish an income generation pipeline
- Generate new business for income generation via product development, sales pitches, market scanning, and product offerings
- Assist programmes and project in development of bids, proposals and accountable for the submission of the final proposals
- Draft, coordinate and submit bids
- Develop and implement an IJR business development strategy in coordination with the ED and Head of Finance
Media, Social media and internet presence
- Develop, revise and communicate the IJR’s media and social media strategy annually.
- Subscribe to relevant media and stay informed of developments in areas of interest to IJR.
- Supervise the implementation of IJR’s media and social media strategy
- Supervise that internal processes are followed and implementation to protect IJR’s image.
- Develop and support measures to strengthen internal communication
Branding & Marketing
- Oversee development and update of IJR brand material within budget.
- Develop various communication methods to promote IJR’s brand.
Communication and Fundraising M&E
- Continuous monitoring of fundraising M&E results and of corrective action taken by KPI owners
- Continuous monitoring of communication M&E results and initiating corrective action
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct reports: Staff of the Fundraising and Communications Department
Is a member of: IJR Leadership Team
Collaborates with: Entire IJR (all departments) and IJR stakeholders (e.g. donors, consultants etc.)
Skills and Competencies:
- Tertiary degree, preferably at a Master’s Degree level, and/or equivalent working experience in a business development field (e.g. Business Administration, Industrial Management, Finance, and Economics)
- Proven track-record of securing funding from international development agencies, governments and corporations is essential;
- Leadership abilities and strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Long-term and process-oriented thinking
- Creativity to identify strategic and fundraising opportunities
- Critical thinking to identify strategic and fundraising risks
- Collaborative behaviour to engage IJR colleagues and external stakeholders
If you have skills and qualifications as well the passion for this please forward all CV’s to ATT: Ms. Elisha Kotze, Operations Manager: email address: email@example.com. Applications close the 09 November 2018.