Are you a postgraduate student (or have recently graduated) with a flair for numbers, and want to develop your political analysis skills in a dynamic South African non-profit organization that works in several countries across the Africa? The Policy & Analysis Unit of the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) invites applications for a paid internship from candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Strong research experience;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint (SPSS an added advantage);
- The ability to work independently with attention to detail;
- Competency in an African language other than English & Afrikaans would be an advantage.
- Research assistance;
- Statistical and qualitative data analysis;
- Writing short articles and research briefs for the Inclusive Economies, SA Reconciliation Barometer, and Afrobarometer projects;
- Logistical and administrative support to programme staff.
Applicants should be in possession of, or in the process of completing a Masters Degree in Political Studies, Public Administration, Development Studies, Economics or a related discipline.
Conditions of appointment:
An initial 3-month contract will be offered, with the possibility of renewal. Applicants from South Africa and other African countries are encouraged to apply. Applicants should at the time of application be in possession of documentation that allow them to work in South Africa.
Please submit your CV, a cover letter motivating your application, details of three contactable referees, and an example of a short essay or research paper (maximum of 1000 words) to Ms Pamella Vutula firstname.lastname@example.org by the 13th of August 2018, using RP Intern in the subject heading.
Applications without the relevant documentation will not be considered. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.